**** RWY 17L/35R Rehabilitation Project POSTPONED ****
Due to circumstances beyond our control, the RWY 17L/35R rehabilitation project has been postponed until the Summer 2017. We regret any inconvenience and appreciate your patience and understanding.
Runway construction news and information
RYW 17L/35R CLOSURE Aug. 22 - Sept. 30, 2016 POSTPONED
Centennial Airport will close the main runway, RWY 17L/35R, beginning Aug. 22 as crews begin a federally-funded surface rehabilitation project. The closure will remain in effect through Sept. 30, 2016.
The project is funded by a grant from the Federal Aviation Administration Airport Improvement Program, with a 10-percent match from the Arapahoe County Public Airport Authority.
View the project here: CENTENNIAL AIRPORT RWY 17L/35R
The project will include:
- Complete resurfacing of the entire length of 17L/35R by mill and overlay
- Replacement of existing runway lighting system with energy-efficient LED units
- Installation of new elevated runway guard (wig-wag) lights at all TWY B connectors on 17L/35R
The project will be completed in two phases. During PHASE ONE, all connectors, with the exception of A8 and A14, will be closed. A8 and A14 will remain open to facilitate traffic crossing TWY A to RWY 17R/35L.
During PHASE TWO, all connectors, with the exception of A4 and A18, will be closed. A4 and A16 will remain open to facilitate traffic crossing TWY A to RWY 17R/35L.
Once construction commences, Centennial Airport asks tenants, pilots and other airport users to:
- Check NOTAMs often
- Listen closely to ATCT instructions
- Expect unusual taxi instructions
- Watch for people and equipment
- Pay attention to flaggers at the connectors
- Be patient and stay alert
Report any safety or security concerns to APA Operations, 303-877-7307.