To our valued airport community-
There is no higher priority than the safety and security of Centennial Airport, our tenants, passengers, employees, and airport users, and this includes concern for the overall public health of the airport community in light of the COVID-19 virus.
While the emerging coronavirus disease brings with it many uncertainties, we are working hard to keep the airport a safe and efficient place to work and conduct business. We are working closely with our first responders, and with state and local health officials to do what we can to contain and mitigate incidental transmission of the virus, should it arrive at the airport.
There is no reason to panic. However, there is reason to take the COVID-19 situation seriously.
We ask that all tenants, pilots, student pilots, employees, visitors, and other airport users to help us prevent the spread of COVID-19 by following these straightforward steps recommended by the American Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
- Avoid contact with others who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
- If you have a fever of more than 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit and are coughing and have shortness of breath, please contact a healthcare professional and consult your employer before reporting to work.
- Also, if you have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please contact a healthcare professional and follow the CDC’s guidelines and self-quarantine for 14 days.
And finally, it’s important to remember this is an evolving situation. Please stay informed by those who know best. For questions and concerns about COVID-19, you may call the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment's hotline at 303-389-1687 or 1-877-462-2911
You can learn more on CDPHE’s website: https://www.colorado.gov/cdphe as well as the CDC’s website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html
For airport-specific information and periodic updates, please visit our homepage, www.centennialairport.com, and follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram @FlyCentennial.