Airport management internship program
At Centennial Airport, our interns do far more than make coffee. They are an internal part of what makes the nation's second-busiest general aviation airport a success.
PROGRAM HAS CLOSED
Centennial Airport's one-year full-time airport management internship can be one of the most beneficial additions to your college education and career pursuits, offering you several major benefits:
• Practical, hands-on experience, a necessity in today's job market
• An understanding and appreciation of the internal workings of the second busiest general aviation airport in the nation
• The opportunity to make many valuable contacts in the aviation industry
• Great pay - $18 per hour, 40 hours per week
This internship provides an extensive background in both planning and development and airport operations at one of the busiest general aviation airports in the nation. Interns gain valuable experience in the following areas:
• Emergency response coordination
• Snow removal operations
• Government, tenant, and public relations
• Airfield/ramp inspections, maintenance and construction procedures
• Airport land use and master planning
• Noise abatement practices
• Airport layout plan preparation and revision
Since 1986, more than 80 students have completed Centennial's internship program. The vast majority are now employed in the aviation industry in positions including airport managers, airport consultants, and airline pilots. In fact, of the 24 current employees at Centennial Airport, nine were hired after completion of the internship, and many others have gone on to careers within the aviation industry.
Qualified applicants should have a bachelor's degree in airport management/administration or a related aviation field, or at minimum, be enrolled in a four-year degree program and have achieved senior status in pursuit of an aviation degree and the ability to work a variety of shifts.
If you would like to apply, please submit a cover letter and resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, please contact Lorie Hinton, Assistant Airport Director at 303-218-2906.